Minnesota based software development company is seeking a Systems Administrator. This company develops and hosts applications and payroll processing/funding for staffing companies throughout the U.S. The company has one of the best work atmospheres around (arcade/pool room in the break room). Ideally looking for a Systems Administrator that's able to work on their own with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
• Systems Administration/System Engineer Microsoft certification helpful.
• Three to five years system administration experience.
• Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 infrastructure
• APC Symmetry UPS and generator
• Cisco 7200
• EMC CX4 and MirrorView
• F5 BigIP LCM
• FortiGate and NetScreen firewalls and VPNs
• InterTEL PBX
• VMware ESX
• MS Exchange 2007 and 2010
• MS Terminal Services
• MS Clustered SQL Servers
• Local and remote data centers
• Local desktop support; Dell hardware and Windows 7
• Functions as a lead worker doing the work similar to those in the work unit; responsibility for training, instruction, setting the work pace, and possibly evaluating performance.
• Maintains computing environment by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance.
• Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
• Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
• Answering technical queries; providing references and support.
• Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• No budget responsibility.
• Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
• Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
• No regular travel required.
Salary range: $60,000 to $90,000 depending on qualifications
Please Note: LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. The above position is intended to fulfill a full time opening at our corporate office in Eagan, MN. Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. We are not interested in receiving solicitations from outsourcing companies or freelancers.